This is a sleeping tablet that is used to treat chronic insomnia. It is popularly known by the brand names Imovane and Zimovane and contains both sedative-hypnotic and relaxant properties which contribute to how effective it is for treating chronic insomnia.
It provides users with a calming effect and is sometimes used to treat anxiety associated with insomnia.
After reading about the effects and side effects of this medication, along with the zopiclone dosage instructions below, customers can buy Zopiclone online (along with a wide range of other sleeping pills) without a prescription.
Zopiclone tablets typically come in two strengths; 3.75 mg and 7.5 mg. However, they are also now available in 10 mg tablets at some online pharmacies. Of the different strengths available in the UK, zopiclone 7.5 mg is the strength that is most commonly used for treating bad bouts of chronic insomnia.
Like various other popular prescription sleeping tablets, zopiclone comes from a class of medication called nonbenzodiazepines. Nonbenzodiazepine sleep medicines are much newer than their benzodiazepine cousin and are also commonly referred to as Z drugs or Z hypnotics.
While benzodiazepines can produce a calming effect and help make patients feel sleepy, they can also be used to treat a host of other disorders. Nonbenzodiazepine medications on the other hand are generally only used for the treatment of insomnia and severe anxiety that is preventing patients from getting a good night’s sleep.
Studies show that this medication can cure insomnia and improve sleep patterns over a short time by providing undisturbed rest.
Zopiclone Side Effects
All medications come with side effects and this one is no different, however, the benefits of getting a good night’s sleep for someone suffering from insomnia usually far outweigh the side effects.
This medication, in particular, is well tolerated by most patients, however, as with any treatment, side effects may occur in a relatively small percentage of people. These side effects will disappear when the medication has left the system or can be easily managed.
Zopiclone side effects are most commonly experienced by patients that don’t follow the dosage instructions, precautions, or contraindications on the patient information leaflet.
Some Zopiclone side effects include:
- A bitter/metallic taste in the mouth that does not go away. This side effect can, however, be alleviated by sucking on sugar-free sweets/ ice chips, sipping on water, or using a mouthwash for dry mouth before bed.
- Excessive sleepiness/tiredness. Patients should refrain from doing any concentration-based activities like driving or operating machinery until full consciousness is achieved and maintained.
- Dizziness. This can be prevented by getting up slowly from a lying or sitting posture.
Consult with a doctor or pharmacist first if you:
- have ever had an allergic reaction to the medication.
- are taking any other kind of medication (including herbal remedies & natural supplements).
- have a record of drug or alcohol abuse.
- have a mental health disorder.
- have kidney or liver problems.
- have myasthenia gravis.
- are over the age of 65 years old.
Do not take this medication if you:
- are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- have breathing problems such as sleep apnoea.
- have already consumed alcohol or other recreational drugs such as cannabis.
- are under the age of 18 years old.
Note: This is not a complete list. For a full list of side effects and precautions, a patient information leaflet can be downloaded here.
There are no reviews yet.